2022 Big Island & Back: Winter
Sunday, Feb. 6, 2022
Join us for the return of the Big Island and Back winter event!
On Sunday, Feb. 6, we return to the traditional winter course on Lake Minnetonka. Cross country ski (classic or skate), snowshoe or bike the groomed course from Excelsior Beach around Big Island and back. Then join us at Excelsior Brewing Company for the famous after party featuring live music, Joey Nova’s Pizza and door prizes from local merchants.
- 11:30 am–1:30 pm: Race day registration and packet pick up at The Lakes Running Company (218 Water Street, Excelsior, MN 55331)
- 1:50 pm: Pre-race instructions at Excelsior Beach (north end of First Street, Excelsior)
- 2 pm: Ski start (youth followed by adult classic then adult skate)
- 2:15 pm: Snowshoe start
- 2:30 pm: Fat bike start
- 3 pm: Pizza and live music at Excelsior Brewing Company
- 3:30 pm: Awards and door prizes
- 4 pm: Live music continues
We’re excited that our winter events will return on the same weekend as the Lake Minnetonka Klondike Dog Derby. The dog sled races will start and finish in Excelsior on Saturday, Feb. 5. Bring the whole family for a fun winter weekend on Lake Minnetonka!
All proceeds from Big Island and Back will benefit charitable partners Freshwater and the ICA Food Shelf.
Please contact race director Pete Miller at email@example.com or 952-239-1433 with any questions.