Nominations are now closed.
Thank you for your submissions!
Thank you to everyone who made a nomination to highlight outstanding efforts to improve water across Minnesota. We look forward to rescheduling the selection process and awards ceremony that take place in conjunction with our annual Ice Out, Loon In fundraising benefit. This event is currently postponed due to social distancing guidelines. Please stay tuned for more information.
2018 Clean Water Champion Awardees, StopOverSalting
Nominations will be awarded in three categories:
- Project/Program – recognizing projects and programs including, but not limited to, engineering and design projects, arts projects, collaborations and partnerships, unique programs, community outreach and engagement, and more
- Organization – recognizing organizations like local governments, state agencies, nonprofits, schools and universities, community groups, and more
- Individual – recognizing individual community members, leaders, unsung heroes and others making a difference for water
Nominations criteria, process and evaluation:
Nominations were due by midnight Friday, March 27, 2020. Nominations will be evaluated by an independent panel selected by Freshwater. Judges will recuse themselves in the event of a conflict of interest. Special consideration will be given to nominees who practice collaboration and inclusion. Special consideration will also be given to nominees who've overcome significant challenges and barriers. The timeline for selecting winners and honoring them at our annual Ice Out, Loon In Freshwater Benefit has changed due to COVID-19. Please stay tuned for future plans. Nominators are welcome to submit more than one nomination. Self-nominations are welcome.
Preview of nomination questions:
- How is your nominee making a positive impact for water and Minnesota communities?
- How does your nominee inspire others and go above and beyond the norm?
- How does your nominee demonstrate leadership and exhibit excellence?
- How does your nominee demonstrate innovation and creativity?
Thank you for your participation. We look forward to celebrating these outstanding nominees with you!
Contact Development Officer Mary Salisbury at email@example.com or 651-313-5817 with questions.
2019 Clean Water Champion Awardees
- Paul Huttner, with MPR News and Climate Cast, for his outstanding achievements in weather reporting and climate science
- The Minnesota Section of the American Society of Civil Engineers for producing the state’s first-ever Infrastructure Report Card
- The Shakopee Mdewakanton Sioux Community for their comprehensive and cutting edge approach to water sustainability and security
- A special group of Water Stewards from partner organization Mississippi Watershed Management Organization who worked collaboratively with the Columbia Heights Lions Club to restore the Lions Garden in Columbia Heights
- Steve Woods for five-plus years of outstanding leadership of Freshwater