Check out an electronic version of our latest Facets of Freshwater newsletter. There are three ways you can read the newsletter:
Download the 12-page PDF. Browse it a page at a time in an electronic magazine. Read each article individually.
This issue’s articles cover:
- U.S. Geological Survey research linking a big decline in the water level in White Bear Lake to groundwater pumping
- A free Freshwater app for smartphones.
- A June 25 lecture on the 40th anniversary of the Clean Water Act.
- A Gene Merriam column urging consumers to demand more-sustainable food.
- The Community Clean-Ups for Water Quality program that will enlist 40,000 Girl Scouts in protecting lakes and streams and that drew Anoka Rotarians to protect their rivers
- Precision conservation, the strategy of targeting conservation effort to places on the landscape where they will do the most good.
- Columns by Freshwater founder Dick Gray and development director Diane Lynch.