Check out an electronic version of our latest Facets of Freshwater newsletter. There are three ways you can read the newsletter:
Download the 12-page PDF, page through it as an electronic magazine or read each article individually by clicking on the links, below:
- U.S. Geological Survey research links a big decline in the water level in White Bear Lake to groundwater pumping.
- A free Freshwater app is available for smartphones.
- Attend a June 25 lecture on the 40th anniversary of the Clean Water Act.
- Gene Merriam urges consumers to demand more-sustainable food.
- The Community Clean-Ups for Water Quality program will enlist 40,000 Girl Scouts in protecting lakes and streams this fall. A Community Clean-Up drew Anoka Rotarians to protect their rivers.
- Precision conservation is the strategy of targeting conservation efforts to places on the landscape where they will do the most good.
- Dick Gray writes about water’s amazing properties. Development Director Diane Lynch writes about Freshwater’s reliance on volunteers.