Bridging Science and Society
May 9-10 | Science Museum of Minnesota, Saint Paul
Relying solely on the science and technology behind our work doesn’t always lead to successful projects and programs. We often overlook the power of people. Knowing who to involve and when, as well as who is not involved and why, are critical pieces of the puzzle needed if we are to achieve our clean water goals.
At the 2019 Water Summit we will explore new and innovative ways to protect our surface and groundwater resources, while also highlighting the role people play in determining the outcomes of our work.
Special features include:
- Breakout sessions featuring the latest in surface water protection, groundwater protection, landscape restoration, and water use and supply
- Keynote presentation on natural resource management through the lens of social systems
- Plenary session featuring updates from The Water Main, the University of Minnesota Water Resources Center, and the Stormwater Research Council regarding the public's EQ and IQ around water, current water research and trends, and work that is happening locally regarding the human dimensions of our work
- A lunchtime Design Lab, where you have an opportunity to drive the conversation and gain insight from others on a burning question that is central to your work
- One Powerful Idea - a fast-paced Lightning Session focused on “What becomes possible if we….?”
- A narrated field tour highlighting innovative practices in urban water management, hosted by the Minnesota Stormwater Committee*
Who Should Attend:
Professional water resource staff and committed individuals with an interest in clean water protection, including resource managers, scientists, technicians, planners, engineers, landscape designers, architects, local decision-makers, environmental advocates, lake and river association members, citizen volunteers, and others concerned about water protection.
To sponsor the 2019 Water Summit, contact Mary Salisbury at 651-313-5817 or email@example.com.
Hosted by Freshwater, in partnership with the Minnesota Stormwater Committee*
and the Minnesota Ground Water Association
*The Minnesota Stormwater Committee is affiliated with the Minnesota Chapter of the Central States Water Environment Association.
Thanks to our sponsors!